1. Heli USA Airways has flown 1.3 million passengers safely to the Grand Canyon and back.
2. The best record in flying through the Grand Canyon didn't happen by "chance," but by strict observance of FAA regulations; plus our own standards, which often exceed the FAA's.
3. Nigel Turner, owner of Heli USA Airways, is an ex-captain in the helicopter wing of the British Army. As a young man his expertise, discipline and dedication to safety made him the preferred pilot for VIPs such as Margaret Thatcher, Prime Minister of Great Britain, and Helmut Kohl, Chancellor of West Germany.
4. When Turner moved to the U.S. and founded Heli USA in Las Vegas, he brought his reputation for discipline and attention to detail with him. His pilots are as carefully chosen as a fine wine in a 5-Star restaurant; and two mechanics, not one, must sign off on all servicing and repair checksheets.
WHAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT FLYING THE GRAND CANYON.
1. Many accidents reported by the media as occurring in Grand Canyon airspace are incorrect. Every one, from the first to the latest, has occurred in unrestricted airspace between Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. "Thrill flying," unfortunately, has proven to be a major cause of these accidents, and are in flagrant disregard of FAA regulations.
2. There has not been an accident in the Grand Canyon "special" airspace, whether helicopter or fixed wing aircraft, since 1987. This is an exceptional safety record, considering the millions of passengers that are flown yearly through the Grand Canyon.
3. No company or private pilot is allowed to fly through Grand Canyon airspace without special training and authorization, which includes passing a yearly FAA test ride, and following the rigorous safety procedures all companies are required to sign off on.
4. Heli USA Airways is an A-List company with the FAA. Our pilots wear uniforms because it's a sign of respect for their profession, and its stringent safety regulations.
For more information, contact us at heliusa.com, or call Toll Free 1-800-359-8727. In Las Vegas 702-7368787.
Heli USA also owns Grand Canyon Ranch, one of the historic cattle ranches of the Old West. Many of our guests opt to visit here after they fly the Canyon, because they're treated to a real Western experience, and a nice ending to their Vegas vacation. For informaton, we're at grandcanyonranch.com.
Las Vegas is the entertainment capital of the world this time of year, especially around New Year's. The shows up and down the Strip are spectacular; the entertainers world class. But if you begin to miss the warmth of the Holiday Season, give Heli USA a call.
Voted the No. 1 helicopter company headquartered in Vegas, with the best trained pilots in the business, Heli USA not only treats you to a breathtaking tour of the Grand Canyon, but offers a relaxing afternoon or overnight stay at the historic Grand Canyon Ranch.
Owned by Heli USA's Nigel Turner, Grand Canyon Ranch is the real deal -- an authentic, 165 square mile Western cattle and guest ranch, where old-fashioned Western hospitality is as natural as a cowpoke's smile. Feel the warmth the minute you land and are greeted by our working cowboys. They'll take you on guided horseback rides through some of the prettiest high country out West, and introduce you close-up to Nigel's prize herd of buffalo, which this concerned Englishman is committed to restoring to their original glory.
Enjoy a hearty Western meal in our ranch house, and if you decide to stay overnight, we'll put you up in one of our authentic pine cabins, with wood-burning fireplaces.
Before retiring, we invite you to sit around a roaring campfire at night, under stars so bright and close you could almost reach up and touch them. Feel the crisp, sage-scented night air on your face as Casey Adams, our resident western balladeer, sings songs of the Old West: cattle drives and rustlers, gunslingers and Texas Rangers, plus his own compositions.
Experience what's missing from your Vegas vacation, especially this time of year: the warmth and hospitality of the Old West at Grand Canyon Ranch.
For reservations, see heliusa.com, or call Toll Free 1-800-350-8727. In Las Vegas, 702-736-8787. For more information on historic Grand Canyon Ranch, we're at grandcanyonranch.com