After Heli USA's #1 Grand Canyon tour, we'll show you the real West.
Heli USA is not the biggest helicopter tour company operating out of Vegas, which is perfectly fine with us. We put our money in hiring the best pilots, and flying the safest and best designed helicopters in the business ... no matter the cost.
Pilots who know the difference between safe flying and "thrill" flying.
Nigel Turner, Heli USA's president and CEO, and an ex-Captain of helicopters in the British Army, picks his pilots as carefully as the Guide Michelin picks its Four Star chefs. The 'Safety and Comfort' of passengers is of prime concern to Heli USA's pilots; and their technical mastery of piloting a copter in all weather conditions, plus following FAA flight rules to the letter, is a given; or they wouldn't get a foot in the door.
Only Heli USA flies the magnificent Agusta 119Ke out of Vegas.
The star of our fleet, the beautifully designed Agusta 119Ke is the safest and most powerful tour helicopter flying today. The passenger cabin is separated from the pilot up front, and seats seven of Heli USA's guests comfortably on leather seats. Two, extra-large windows offer up to 50% more visibility than conventional copters!
Grand Canyon Ranch ... the icing on the cake.
After your flight, only Heli USA offers an unforgettable visit to its legendary Grand Canyon Ranch. Turner bought it a decade or so ago for the exclusive use of his guests, and the exciting things to see and do on this 195,000 acre working cattle ranch should not be missed.
1. Enjoy a real western-style breakfast, lunch or dinner in our ranch house (the steaks are out of this world!).
2. Ever seen a cowboy lassoe a steer that just shot out of the chute, and is running full tilt boogie? You will at our Rodeo Arena.
3. Our horseback rides are especially popular. Led by one of our cowboys, you'll ride over some of the most beautiful high country in the West, cross the Mormon Trail, and pass through a Joshua Tree forest.
4. Buffalo Safari. Like other conscientous ranchers in the New West today, Turner is raising buffalo (also called American bison). His mission: to restore the noble buffalo to its original status as America's Icon. It's a task almost starting from scratch for ranchers and state park breeders, as the shaggy-haired animal, revered by Native Americans, was nearly wiped out by hunters and the U.S. Army by the end of the 19th century. We're talking over 50 million buffalo, left to rot on the Plains after they were stripped of their hides. In the U.S. today, some 200,000 have made a comeback ... and seeing Nigel's buffalo herd on his popular Buffalo Safari (you can ride up close to them!) is akin to a silent vow that the American bison will be protected forever.
5. The Man -- Casey Adams. Casey is our official Western balladeer. Well-known in these parts, Casey is a guitarist/singer of cowboy songs from the Old West --many sung, or ad libbed on the spot by cowhands as they escorted 5,000 or 10,000 head of cattle up the Chisholm Trail to Abilene and Kansas City rail heads. If you'd like to hear authentic songs of the Old West, Casey will treat you to them, plus his own compositions with their stunning Western imagery. You can usually hear Casey at meals in the ranch house, and around the campfire at night.
"The Ranch was so much fun. The lunch was hearty and filling, which was perfect for the horseback ride. Everyone at the Ranch is so nice and accommodating. The flight to the Canyon and ranch was amazing! The weather was perfect, and the views were beautiful. It was a special treat to fly over the Las Vegas strip on the way back! Reviewed by World Traveler, USA, Jan. 2012.
For reservations, visit heliusa.com, or call Toll Free 1-800-359-8727. In Las Vegas, 702-736-8787. For more information on the historic Grand Canyon Ranch Resort, we're at grandcanyonranch.com